• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One MAD mamma! (pics included)

Steve Foss

Ruffed grouse numbers are up again, finally, according to recently released drumming counts. And I've seen a good number of them on the trails. Here's one that was totally miffed that a photo excursion client and I sent her chicks scurrying into the brush. She hissed at us and displayed and tried all kinds of ways to distract our attention from the chicks. It worked, too. We got these pics of mom, but were so busy with the cameras we forgot to note where the chicks went.

grouse-full-defense.jpg

grouse-head-on-rock.jpg

grouse-hunkered.jpg

wonderful captures ...Steve!....#2's my favorite....I heard a ton of drummimg this spring so we certainly will have a population boom this fall for sure......I saw a few "drummers" in thick brushy areas this spring but they were super wary and never let me get close enough for that good pic........ grin.gifjonny