• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pup growls while eating

LovenLifeGuy

Scum,

I will only respond to this one time, as I will not be led into banter with someone who is just trying to ruffle feathers. By the way... I am particularly fond of the way that you responded to my comments, by offering me violence. NICE! I made an apologetic response later down the page, by saying that I thought he was talking about an older dog, not a puppy. I really don't care what you think, but I wasn't talking about tying the dog to a tree and beating it with a pool cue. I was simply saying (yes, in a too frank of way apparently) that this kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated from a dog. It's a dog, and no matter how much sandal wearing, tree hugging personification we would like to attribute to our dogs, they are still dogs. They learn through conditioned response. They don't think like humans, because they are dogs.

In reference to your own example, they are still bred down, dumbed down, domesticated wolves. They have a pack mentality, and they understand anything, by learned response. My suggestion was more towards a quick, immediate response of--yes--aggression--because that instantly shows the dog who is boss. Grab him by the collar, shake him if you have to, lay down on him, whatever you want to do, but make it quick and hostile to the dog. Completely negative to him, so that he doesn't want that response again. I'm not sure what nature shows you typically watch, but the alpha male wolf doesn't sit the pup down and lay on top of him and tell it "nice pup". It violently and quickly snaps, growls, and bites to teach the young one its place in the pecking order. He doesn't hurt it, but he dang sure lets it know who's boss--and that is all I meant. I'm sorry that I didn't write a two page response so that you could understand, before offering me an A** Whooping. Again my stern advice was for an older dog, not a 13 week old puppy. I don't beat my dogs, never have, never would--but ask anyone who has hunted with my dogs--they don't come any more docile and well behaved.

Give it up scum, seriously. What is being accomplished by this arguement. when you figure it out please let me know. Everyone has different ways of doing things and I don't think you will be able to change that. Do you think you will be able to change that?