• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missed Again

Went out Bowfishing for the second time yesterday, got 2 good shots on large carp and 4 shots on some smaller carp. Missed everyone. And to make it worst my first shot of the day I lost my only arrow so me and my buddy were trading off.

Just wondering if anyone who bowfishes sets a pin for a certain depth?

forget the pin. shoot by instinct. the refraction of the image in the water means the fish you see is actually deeper than it appears...hence the mantra "AIM LOW" ...also, on longer shots, your arrow will tend to plane out and not penetrate as deep. i shot 7 nice carp from my dock last week. one shot was nearly 12 yards....long shot for bowfishing. biggest sow was over 24lbs. having a blast...

good luck.

One more tip. Be sure to practice at different distances -- especially close in. You'll get some shots at five feet, and these are surprisingly easy to miss if you haven't practiced at that distance (at least they were for me when I first started).