• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cool

ellroy2

I never knew there was a bird watching section on here....pretty sweet. I guess I could start out with asking if anyone has a favorite bird. I would say mine is the white throated sparrow.

I just got my first digital camera not too long ago. A Canon Powershot S2 IS. So I'll have to try out some bird pics with it one of these days.

I would have to say that my favorite bird would be a wren. Used to have a wren house that I built hanging outside my bedroom window when I was a lad. Always had wrens in it and they always sing so pretty in the morning! Sentimentally my favorite would be the wood duck. Many great memories everytime I see one. Welcome to the bird watchers! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jibmo

Quote:

Always had wrens in it and they always sing so pretty in the morning!

I have never had them until this year and MY GAHD are they singers!! 4:30 in the morning everyday and they sure do battle with the Sparrows for nesting boxes. I'll post some pics of my backyard Wren buddy... they are shy when you walk up to them but stand still a couple of minutes and they come right back.

Oh, favorite bird... tough one.... Rose breasted Grosebeaks are up there with Hummingbirds & Scarlet Tanagers... sorry, I had to toss out three.

Lots of house wrens here. Put in a fair number of hills of birdhouse gourds in the garden to replenish their supply.

My favorite bird? Have some that are summer favorites & some that are winter favorites. There are many but if I had to choose one for summer it would be the eastern bluebird. Close second would be a 4-way tie between hummingbirds, goldfinches, wrens and orioles. In the winter, the chickdees still get my vote, and another tie between red-bellied woodpeckers and goldfinches for second.

In my part of the country there are house wrens and winter wrens. Those winter wrens have a great drawn-out song. If you haven't heard one, do a Google search for winter wren song and you'll find a couple sites that have recording. Very nice.