• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kingfisher

DTro

No I don't have a picture.......but I'm surprised I haven't seen any posted yet. They are one of my favorite birds. They always seem to keep me company while fishing on the river. If I had a camera with a decent lens/zoom I could get some really nice pics.

Good tight portraits of kingfishers are tough to get. They're somewhat wary, and unless a person stakes out a nest and gets close and stays quiet, it's not easy to get excellent images of the birds.

I may give it a try. We have a set of sheer walls on Miners Lake, and kingfishers nest there every year. May have to put the boat in the water and see if I can get close. They'd have to be used to boat traffic, because Miners gets its share. It's also a north facing cliff, so it'll be shaded except for early morning and late evening, when it'll get strong side light.

Hmmm, we'll see. grin.gif

while doing my visit up to ely this winter, a couple of my buddies that go to the college showed me Miners lake and how they jump off the cliffs. Those are some pretty awesoem cliffs and the lake is just a cool lake in general.