• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just applied for my lottery buck tag.I have 1 years preference and will need alot of luck,so I need all you No-Dakers to hope like heck and then just maybe I will draw that tag.Thanks in advance.Shooting just 1 archery buck and the extra doe tags just doesnt get the job done.

Hey Harvey,

In the past I have always applied first choice buck second choice doe and it seemed as though I would always get the buck every other year... a friend of mine gave me a tip and said that he has got his buck for the last 12 YEARS in a row!!! We both hunt in a section that has numerous doe tags over after the first first lottery and so he began putting first choice buck, second choice buck and if he didn't hit on the first drawing he figured he would just take his doe tags in the next lottery. I tried it for the last two years and it has worked? I also know another guy who tried it and it did not work? So... if the section you hunt in has extra doe tags left over each year after the first drawing, you may try out this method (so long as you don't hunt 2G1 laugh.gif)

Just thought I would share,

Ben

It will take something short or near miracle in less then 4-5 years applying in the lottery every year, you can always buy leftover tags in that area after lottery is over as a non-Res I would apply buck only then purchase after all draws are done thats the advice locals I hunt with gave me being a Non res, will say if your any kind of a decent bow hunter you are able to buy over the internet for a buck each year, but the gun season is a week later this year pushing into Thanksgiving so odds are Devils Might be froze up in shallow areas by the gun season, unless your talking muzzleloader.

Yes,I archery hunt every year in North Dakota and fill my tag.I also realize I can buy leftover doe tags as I usually do.There is never any leftover buck tags in 2G1 and probably never will be.Just like the turkey tags,I can get one on a first come first serve basis problem being there are never any of those left either.I guess thats the way it is when you are a non-resident. frown.gif

I'am not concerned about the season being a little later this year as the rut is usually a week into the season anyways.

Yep, as the Thanksgiving , from what was relayed to me those last couple weeks the real real big bucks start sticking there noses out so the locals get those 4 days to hunt without taking time off. 4 days to crack there big buck honey holes, and from the mounts and pics they are real monsters. Ya I understand the lotto too, leftover is doe no matter what but its 50.00-100.00 in your pocket till your ready to go depending the no. you want to shoot. Its a great drainage your hunting been some bigguns shot there too especially in the bow season, word was a fella shot a monster without permission on a shelter belt last year, owner was [PoorWordUsage]ed but this guy was scouting it for awhile from what I understand.

We have a great area to hunt along with some brusiers in the area.Every year one of the group gets a big one.As far as the does go,if you wanted to shoot 10 of them you could.We generally just bow hunt but 6 of the group will rifle hunt or bow hunt during the rifle season depending on who gets the rifle tags. smile.gif

It's right around there.. it's a whole lot cheaper, and depending on the area you'd like to hunt the odds are pretty good to get a doe tag for cheap. I'm hoping my brother will take advantage of that this year.

marine_man

I do just like mentioned earlier I apply for the same zone and buck for first and second choice. So far I have never been turned down although I hunt a area with a large amout of tags. Yes second drawing tags for non residents is only $55 heck of a deal for non resident licenses.

iffwalleyes

You are correct,My dad got a buck tag for as long as I've hunted in North Dakota.As far as the doe tags go,in 2g1 you can usually have all the tags you want to buy for 55 dollars.The year b-4 last I had 4 in the extra lotteries and then they still had more tags left.But it sure is nice to have that buck tag in your pocket.Last year I saw many 10 point plus bucks the first day and a half.Every year I see a buck that would make the book.Thats Boone&Crockett. smile.gif