• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Cloud Field Trials

JPowell

Wondering if anyone know the format for the trials coming up this weekend. not competing but going to watch. what is happening on each day or what? any info would be cool. thanks...

JP

Hi Seabass: The Open & the Qualifying start on Friday at 8 & 9 respectively.

The Open is where you will see the best dogs run with the top Pro trainers in the country handling them. There are quite a few Amateur handlers in the Open as well. We will probably get a quad in the 1st series with a retired gun or 2. With any kind of luck we will finish the first series Friday. The 2nd series will be a land blind, the 3rd series will be a water blind, they will finish with a set of water marks for the 4th series.

The Qualifying is for dogs that are trying to make the next step and that is to the All Age stakes (Open & Amateur). You will see the same format land, land, water, water but they will not be as tough or long, generally speaking.

Saturday you will get a chance to see the Amateur which is basically the same as the Open but the dogs are handled by us amateurs all day. Again it will be the same format as the Open with the test being as difficult.

The Derby is a very fun stake to watch because it goes very quick and the dogs are all under the age of 2 years old. You will see pretty much all double marks, water and land. It will usually last 4 series as well unless the dogs run into difficulty with an early test and the callbacks are light.

Enjoy the event. You will be very impressed at what some of these dogs can do.

North on Hwy 10 to Golden Spike Road. Go right (north) on Golden Spike Road. Come to a stop sign, go thru the sign about a 1/2 mile to a mile. You will see a small yellow sign (3ft x 3ft) nailed to a pole CENTRAL MN RETRIEVER CLUB, take the right turn and straight up the gravel road about a mile.

Come out and enjoy the dog work!!!!

I did not make it to watch the pro's on friday. i did make it on sunday and boy what a hot day. i watched some really good dogs running. i have seen some trials before but it gave me a chance see a different kind of trial. i signed up for a memebership and i hope that they have a few newbie classes that i can go to. thanks for he info...

JP