• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hello everyone- I am going out to Chamberlain next week, and I am looking for any insight. I have never fished the Missouri River, so help is needed.

Live Bait Rigs- Am I better with or without a spinners? How long of snells should I be tying? Any recommened colors?

Jigs- Color, Size?

Cranks- Size Colors?

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!!

I hope to know more after this weekend, but think the jig bite is soon to slow down and spinners with crawlers will start going.

I was out there May 6&7, but I was pulling plugs (and did very well). When I get back there (hopefully this weekend), I plan on pulling spinners with minnows & crawlers and let the walleyes tell me what they're hungry for.

I lived there for two years. jigs always did well as well as lindys. never did anything else. There was a tournament up north of there last wkend. Many guys caught fish with jigs and minnows. Bring worms/leaches as well. Pulling plugs may do well too-- if you do that. Bring everything, never know what they want.

forgot to say in last post. I always had good luck on the off colors. Depending on the wind usually. the wind can really muddy the water in that area. If that is the case, hot pick, black or white often did well. Seemed to show up in that water i guess. If water is stable, could be the normals. Fishing was usually better when the water was opened up.

Well here's my report (or lack of!!):

Went to Chamberlain this weekend with my wife and kids (6,4,2 year olds). Fished north on Saturday around Crow Creek. Kept 2 walleyes. Sounded like the bite was north of that yet and down by White River. Only out for about 4 hours and a lot of driving around (drove up to the dam - 1st trip to Chamberlain for wife and 2 of the kids).

Sunday, fished down by White River. Kept 5 Saugers. Minnows are still the ticket, as only one of the fish caught on Saturday was on a crawler. We used spinners and plain hooks on bottom bouncers. Sounded like some guys were still catching on jigs.

Not much of a report, but I actually can say I enjoyed Sunday with the kids. We had a pretty good time, but it will be a while until they come back out with me grin.gif

Fished Chamberlain the week of the 18-19. Fished mainly south of town in the carpenter bluffs area. Kept 8 keepers each day. Minnows and crawlers both produced fish. Guys that went further south ended up doing very well also.

Fished Sunday. Went south to White River. Plain hook on bb and minnow. Tried leeches and worms but not much. Fish in shallow and Males milking. Took home limit of small fish. Threw back lots of small males. Lots of guys pulling plugs but didn't see much happening there.