• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rose breaasted Grosebeaks

buzzsaw

I really like that soft (portrait) look you were going for, but the feet being relatively sharp, kind of throws it off a little. Nice background by the way. My only nit is that the photos is too big. I've got a 21 inch monitor and have to scroll it to see it all--way too big. confused.gif

Tom W

Naw, I actually picked out this picture (one of 30 or so) to post process and the focus went of the face/eye on this and a few other shots. I didn't have time to go back and post process any other pics. I'm not a fan of soft shots unless the eyes/face are in focus. You know what's wierd, I have a 17' LCD monitor at work and it's not too wide at all... wierd stuff man... you must mean up and down eh, no biggee for me.

Quote:

I really like that soft (portrait) look you were going for, but the feet being relatively sharp, kind of throws it off a little. Nice background by the way. My only nit is that the photos is too big. I've got a 21 inch monitor and have to scroll it to see it all--way too big.
confused.gif

Tom W

Sounds more like you have your resolution set too low? I don't scroll at all, but my resolution is set pretty high.

I have a 17-inch monitor. I don't have to scroll side to side to see the whole image, but I have to scroll up and down a lot. And many, many computer users have 15-inch monitors.

A simple rule of thumb is to size a vertical image at 400 to 450 pixels across. Monitor sizes and resolution settings vary, to be sure, by why make an image so big that some users have to scroll around to find the whole image? That ruins the point of composing a compelling image.

I have fought this fight long and hard on this and the photo sharing forums. We don't have rules about image sizes, only guidelines, but please consider all users when you post images.