• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wild plant ID

I saw this yellow tinged flower yesterday on my morning sojurn through my gnat infested woods(yes..they land and drive you crazy!).......just wondering if any one out there knows what flower or plant species this is...kinda resembles a colombine(reddish colored) or a honeysuckle but it's not I'm sure...... grin.gifJonny

DSCF0558-1.jpg

Ureka!..I found it!......yes Steve..it is a honeysuckle...called "Zabel bell"...an invasive hybrid (cross between a "tartarian" honeysuckle and a "morrows" honeysuckle).....Wisconsin DNR had it on their site...starts out pink and turns yellow ...not sure why it was growing in the middle of no where ...birds spread it I suppose ...I learned something today shocked.gif.......jonny grin.gif

Lots of cultivated varieties of garden plants have very close wild relatives, and can freely hybridize. Sometimes you'll see something in the middle of the woods you'll swear looks exactly like what you have in your garden — and you may be dead right! grin.gif