• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dog kennel

killerloop

Go to Menards and get thier Heavy Duty dog kennel pannels. I have tried them all and by far these are the best. They are welded wire. Stay away from the chain link stlye. They don't hold up as well or look as nice.

PoleBender

i agree with the menards part but i have two chain link kennels. 6x6x12. One is 12 years old. never had a problem and a lot cheaper than the steal ones. Granted the steal ones are probably better-also expennsive.

I quit using kennels before I saw the heavy duty panels. I thought the price seemed reasonable and they sure look strong. I had trouble with my dogs pawing at the chainlink until they were able to get through the hole they created. I also had trouble with my males peeing their way to freedom. They urinated so often on the steel that it would eventually rust and weaken to the point they could get through. Having a pee log in the kennel would have helped with this problem. Some dogs are just determined to get out, especially when there is a female in heat.

that is a good point. again i have never had a problem. However, i have my kennels off the ground. I made runs for them out of treated wood boards (decking). Made sure i left about 1/3 in. between boards so pee can just run off into cracks and underneath. I can see if the kennel was on ground or cement-this could happen. Those steal panels are quite expensive aren't they?

I don't remember what I paid for them right now. I think the 6'x5' panels were like $58.00 and the gates were $72.00. That should be close. I believe that you get what you pay for.

PoleBender

Check out Mason. Doesn't have the powder coat but is very high quality and the price surprised me. Got a full 2 dog set-up from Menards that I'd be willing to part with. 2 gates and (3) 6 x 6 panels. In good shape. spankylabs at aol