• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blazers

cliffy

I am thinking of flecthing my new set of arrows with 2 inch Blazers. Does anyone have any experince with Blazers? Good or Bad.

I have been using 4 inch quik spins but they really seem to slow down the arrow at distance.

Hi Cliffy

Last summer I was setting up and testing a new hunting bow. I fletched 12 arrows. 3 Feathers, 3 Quik Spin, 3 Plastic vanes (all 3 fletch) and 3 with Blazers (4 fletch). Shooting through a Whisker Biscuit. All with a little helical angle to them. All on heavy aluminum arrows. I like weighty arrows.

What I learned is accuracy (aka grouping) was about the same with all. Although point of impact was a little different. (I am not great accurate shooter but pretty good.) The plastic vanes and Quik Spins quickly got beat up by the Whisker Biscuit, getting rippled and torn. Evidentually the feathers got matted down. Thus I went with 4 fletch Blazers.

They seem to be Thicker plastic, stiffer and hold up to the Whisker Biccuit very well. I am still shooting the original fletch from last summer. Shot a weeklly league this winter. To summarize- I like them alot. They are sturdy and shoot as good as I can. Adjusted the sights for point impact and I have been pleased with them since. I will fletch up some new arrows this summer with Blazers again for the upcoming season.

DanN

Thanks for your input....

I fletched up 6 new arrows with blazers....seem to be working pretty well. I did notice a big change in point of impact when switching between my FP and BHs. I know that the point of impact will change between the two...no matter what...but this seem a little much. No big deal..just thought it was interesting.

I use CX Maxima arrows with 2 inch blazers. They fly great. BHs impact at the same spot as my FP. I don't have to adjust anything. I am using Slick Tricks though which are the best shooting fixed head I have ever shot.

Well, I got another dozen Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575 today. I fletched them up using 2 inch blazer vanes in the Camo color..using yellow as my nock vane. I think there is almost to much camo on these boys. Any thoughts? I put some reflective tape the bottom of the nock area to try and make them a little easier to find.

IMG_0207.jpg

I think they look pretty darn good. I wish I had some pictures of the arrows I just did before I tore them all up in the bales, doh!.

When you are looking for a lost arrow or arrow after a shot there is NEVER enough color. Up until that point I'd rather have as much camo as possible. How do you balance that? It has to be a personal thing. I like to use white wraps on mine but usually go with some "natural" colored vanes or feathers. I really like blazers also but have yet to use them with fixed blade broadheads. I plan to test out that combo later in the summer. Right now I've got 4" feathers on for turks.