• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp/Sucker run in east metro

Do any of you have any ideas about where the fish may run around the east metro? I will be living in Woodbury this summer and am not too worried about driving to find them. However I don't have constant access to a boat so I would like to hear some spots where I might be able to arrow a few of them from the shore. Also if anybody is interested in getting together over the summer and wrangling up a few just let me know. I am pretty new to it and not that great yet but I think it would be a good chance to meet some of you guys and talk a little in the process. Maybe even like an informal get together but I suppose we can look at that again when the season gets a little closer.

I don't spend alot of time looking for shore spots because I have a boat but I if you want to head south at all I know there is a inlet from the Cannon river to Lake Byllesbye down by Randolph. If you go down under the bridge you can sometimes get into quite a few shots.

Battle Creek Park in maplewood, the one with the waterpark just off Upper Afton road, has some really big carp and its shallow enough to get them with a bow. I caught a 22lb. fish several years ago. Though Im not sure how people will take to someone with a bow in the park.

I spend quite a bit of time on the rivers. Either the Miss. or the Vermillion. There are countless backwaters and bays that are full of carp all summer long. When you get on the river you can usually find some gar to shoot at, too. I also try some lakes down towards Faribault.