• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whos been out

harvey lee

With the ice gone or almost,has anyone been out and done anything.I'am going out to chase some panfish next Wednesday with another and hopefully it will be a productive day on the lake. smile.gif

I plan on fishing my stub-grubs and rat-tails to death.It seemed to work very well last spring and then I also do not need any live bait. smile.gif

There are only a few lakes around here with some open water. Water temps are still to low for the crappies to come in the shallows. I did see a couple pike yesterday at the mouth of a river, but it's still a little early. I'll be watching water temps pretty religiously the next few weeks to target the crappies, unless ice goes off before then.

I know that it is to early for them to be in the shallows but,with the use of your locater you can cruise and look for schools of fish and then give them the good ol stub grub or rat tail. smile.gifYou can catch some nice crappies,you just have to search them out in the deeper water.

This time of year I usually start out on a breakline close to a shallow flat and look in the 20-30 ft depth.They are usually suspended somewhere at that depth.

This is what I've done the last few years and have had fairly good luck. smile.gif

I may have to give it a shot tomorrow if the rain stops. I'll be looking on the nearest break to where I expect them to be when the water warms.

I am going to get out on Saturday to test engine, electronics, and of course toss a few plastics in the shallows and break lines. I won't target fish out of season but if a big old buckey mouth hammers my twister tails what a guy to do...

Gor out for just a bit on Saturday. I found the fish to be very very shallow and near fallen structure. I was tossing right to shore in 2 feet or less. Some nice sunfish and few bass. I was uning 1/32 ounce jig with exude 1" twister tails in white and yellow.

So that being said I am on the board for the open water. The bite should increase as the water temps warm.

Was out today in Indian Lake near Maple Lake, fishing fallen timber in 12-15 FOW, horizontal jig w/ Gulp maggot. Kept pulling in the sunnies from the wood, nowhere else. It felt soooooooo niiiiiiice to be out in the boat again. smile.gif Surface water temp in Indian was 43 degrees F.