• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cumberland/Luck Area Shore Fishing with Kids

I'm going to be in the Cumberland area this weekend and I am wonder if anyone knows of any hot spots for some panfish from shore? I hope to find somewhere that I dont have to worry about the boys getting ran over. Any help would be appreciated.

Muttly, There is a small lake in McKinnley township just west of cumberland that I have taken the kids to and done well on spring panfish. It's called largon lake and you can park off of the road and walk a few feet to the shore. The road is lightly traveled. The lake is north of hwy 48 and west of cnty rd E. good luck I hope the kids have a good time. Zent

Big Butternut Lake in Luck is very easy to find as it's right in town near the golf course and has a very nice fishing pier. I have not fished from it in years but we could always catch a ton of nice crappies and blue gills off of it. I also once hooked a HUGE eye that broke the line on my ultra-lite. There are also a couple small trout lakes in the area that provide good shore fishing if you don't mind sorting out some bullheads, one is called cresent (pickerel) and i forgot the name of the one closer to cumberland. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. Funny thing is, my parents cabin is actually on Largon Lake! We were able to cast bobbers from shore on Saturday and Sunday, but unfortunatley nothing seemed to be interested in our offerings. There was still plenty of ice out in the middle of the lake. It was an amazing weekend though with geese, swans, pheasants, turkey, and frogs all making sure we all knew spring was here.