• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Granby Ice Fishing Report April 1-2

I fished lake Granby last weekend with a friend and his 7 year old son Karl. We fished in 5 foot of water near Circle H and caught and released over 75 small rainbows and I caught and released a 27 inch Mack. Boy was that fun on light line and in shallow water. I"ll attach a picture of Karl and I with the fish.

The lake still has 20 inches of ice but is starting to show signs of thawing. Small slushy spots near shore in the coves are starting to show up.

Morning temps were around 22 degrees and close to 45 in the afternoon. Can't say how long the ice will be safe (can't be more than 1 or 2 weekends left).

dsc001152or.jpg

Be careful....

Heart pumping....Good fishing....

Chewy

Nice fish there Chewy. I see you were able to figure out the photo posting.

Our ice in southern Minnesota is melting off very fast right now. It won't be long and it'll be gone.

Looks like you guys still have some time left for icefishing. In a "normal" winter season, how long can you expect to keep fishing into the spring?

Thanks Chris. Elevation and location are the key to our ice fishing seasons. Most years we're fishing in open water at lakes and reservoirs below 8500 feet in elevation by the first of May. There are a few that are open for boating by the middle of April.

Most lakes and reservoirs below 7000 feet are currently open water.

Chewy