• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi everybody!

A buddy and I are heading out this weekend to Waubay. I was wondering if it will be safe to drive a blazer on the ice this weekend? I have heard mixed reports about ice conditions. I would like to know if most people are still driving trucks out there?

On another note, how's fishing been? Are the walleyes moving to the spawing areas yet or can you find them out in the main lake with regularity still? Any info on depth and general area would be greatly appreciated. This will be my second trip to Waubay and would like to get on the perch and eyes. Thanks for the help!

Avid

I just spoke with Doug at Sportsman's Cove he said the landings are ok and the ice is still good for vehicle travel and should remain that way through the weekend. He does recommend ATV travel though to play it safe. The perch are staging for spawn now and he said the east end or the south end of the lake could be the better bite. Good luck and maybe I will see you out there.

Good evening guys!

Got back from Waubay this weekend. We had a blast! For three guys we had our limit of nice perch on Friday and we were three short on Saturday. We did pick up a few walleyes as well. We ended up fishing the flats by School Bus Point in about 23 feet of water. Dropper line below a golden spoon worked well. Used wax worms. Does anyone know how much a fat 12 inch perch should weigh? I thought about mounting two of them. So darn pretty, they were.

How long has the perch fishing been good on Waubay? Has it been this good in years past? This was only my second time out there, but I think I am hooked on that lake. What an awesome body of water. I will be back.

Well, another week of work ahead of us! Until next time, good luck fishing!

Avid

Just got home from a great weekend also. Started on Pick for some Crappie, that was a bust. We ended up on Wuabay at about noon fished till dark. My buddy and I and the three boys ended up with a limit of nice eyes and almost had a limit of perch. The boys caught almost all the fish jigging with small raps and also using tip ups. We didnt have much trouble getting them up Sunday morning to go fishing. Fished for two hrs this morning and caught 6 eyes and a dozen perch. The boys were having problems hooking em on the tip ups they probably missed a couple dozen more. This weekend was by far the best weekend on Waubay yet for me.

The fish know it is not going to be long till they get rid of there fat bellies.They are putting on the feed bag.

Well looks like the wife will let me go again next week, I brought fish home and redeemed myself from last weekend.

Thank Goodness for a ing. ing. wife.

Man it kills me to be reading reports like this when only a few years ago I was giving these same reports. Great job fellas!

I'll be back in Aberdeen Easter weekend and hopefully I'll have a report to share.

I also found good luck south of Helwigs had to hop to find them but for 3 hours had 30 for 3 guys probably cuaght 70 perch though lots of small ones which is good to see coming up the line hopefully the ice hangs on for awhile good luck everyone