• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Been thinking of making an april camping trip somewhere to chase cats. What's good down south with nearby camping? Marindahl? Carthage? James river would be good but there's no camping anywhere along it, is there? We'd be tenting, so it needn't be fancy, just a place where I can make a fire.

Thanks,

Dusty

Dusty, would the river between elm creek and boyer bottom be to far. It is a spot I know of that is only accessable by boat but is a great camp sight, a place to pull your boat up out of the wind and waves and a point with a huge drop off. We have shore fished here many times and the cats go wild for frogs during the summer. I have never fished it this early though.

Just a thought for ya to keep in mind for this summer if nothing else.

You do occasionaly catch that pig eye on those frogs as a bonus.

Dean

No, actually that's a good idea, I just hesitate to tie my glass boat up on the shale over night. However, we've been talking about fishing the springfield area, and we could park on a sandbar just as easily. All corps land is open for camping, right? Know where I can find regulations on that?

Thanks,

Dusty

Dusty, I wouldnt want to pull up a glass boat over night myself. The Corps have a great web page with all the regs you would ever want to know.If you cant find it Email me and I will get it to ya. You can pretty much do anything as far as I read.

See Ya, I'm going fishing!!!

Dean