• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Protesting

hobbydog

Listen to my bluebird laugh

She can't tell you why

Deep within her heart you see

She knows only cryin', just cryin', yeah

There she sits, a lofty perch

Strangest color blue

Flying is forgotten now

She thinks only of you, just you, ohhhh..

So get all those blues, must be a thousand hues

And each is differently used, you just know

You sit there mesmorized by the depth of her eyes

If you could catagorize, she got soul

She got soul, she got soul, she got soul

Do you think she loves you

Do you think at all?

Soon she's going to fly away

Sadness is her own

Fill herself a bath of tears

And go home, and go home

(Stephen Stills)

When should bluebird houses be put out? We just moved to our house late last summer and the previous owner took all the existiting houses. Found time to get a half dozen made this winter. Should I be struggling to get posts pounded in the frost or do I have time? Already seeing house finches, song sparrows, mourning doves, and cardinals at the feeders. One lone junco this morning.

Bryce,

You've probably still got some time yet but as hobbydog's picture indicates, the clock is ticking. The sooner you get the houses out, the more little sets of bluebird eyes will look them over. Have been checking the houses here for mouse nests, etc. In addition, will relocate a couple yet from their present location to a prime fenceline as they are not as close to trees as I would like. Obviously the bluebirds didn't like the location either! Need a rainy (not snowy) day to finish the predator guards. If you haven't googled the North American Bluebird Society HSOforum, it's worth a look for pointers about how and where to position the houses as well as lots of other information. Hope this helps answer your question. Good luck!