• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Count'em - if you can!

110664391_91ad427ee1.jpg

Yes, the geese are definitely back. These may not be "brag shots" but they are a bit interesting. A 24 X 36 anyone? grin.gifgrin.gif I saw a couple swans also but a long ways off. The sound of the honkers when they got up was almost deafening. As nice as the weather was Friday, I just couldn't work in the afternoon.

110662685_59922cdf5b.jpg

110664394_335d2a8777.jpg

111738025_2ade43c6d8.jpg

111009876_2edf23af3d.jpg

It sure is nice to have spring around the corner! I took Friday afternoon off myself and went to the MN river valley and saw: Bluebills (20) Redheads (6) Gadwall (12) Widgeon (2) Bufflehead (2) Woodies (2) Common Mergansers (3) Hooded Mergansers (6) Mallards and Geese up the waazoo... I took a bunch of pics but haven't uploaded them yet and they were from a pretty good distance as most of those ducks are pretty spooky of us humans. grin.gif

Hey X, that first one wouldn't have been taken from the observation platform a mile up from the Lac Qui Parle dam, would it? If it was, I've seen that open water area when you couldn't squeeze another goose in. There's usually a couple of eagles there, waiting for goose casuualties. You're right about the noise, especially when they're getting primed to all take off and go to feed.

i'll take care of the second to the last pictures guys. 1. grin.gif there, that pic's taken care of. lets knock out the pic this week together. whatcha say guys. think by friday we can get it? wink.gif

great photo's by the way............loc9

Lowhunter, no problem as long as you provide me with the HSOforum URL. You may email me at bassangleratcharter.net.

Which photo did you have in mind? No credit is necessary.

Icehousebob, you are totally correct. They all flew as soon as I walked down the hill and got near the water. Unfortunately, getting back up the hill wasn't quite as easy. Winter gets me a little out of shape. I drove by again this past friday and the number had probably tripled. Unfortunately I didn't see any eagles, which is what I was really looking for. Lac Qui Parle is the nearest place to Marshall where I can actually find much for wildlife.

Loc9, what in the devil are you talking about? confused.gif By the way, thanks for the compliment.