• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds and birds and birds, OH MY! (10 pics incl)

Steve Foss

I don't usually post so many images, and don't post a lot of images, period, these days. But, heck, sometimes you gotta cut loose. These all are with the Canon 20D at iso 100 and 200 with the Canon 100-400L image stabilizer set to f5.6 at 400mm. All were taken this afternoon 10 miles from Ely in the woods.

Several are of the same species, but when that's the case they represent very different views/interpretations.

3 great-flutter.jpg

3 golden-bokeh.jpg

3 chick-branch.jpg

3 tipped-over.jpg

3 tugs-harder.jpg

3 two-for-one.jpg

3 up-trunk.jpg

3 vertical-right.jpg

3 wb-nuthatch.jpg

What I have to photograph, invariably, when I go looking for live wolves. blush.gif

3 wolf-scat.jpg

Your gophers will only get as far as the Sioux, and then they'll be shown up as the small rodents with squinty eyes and big teeth they really are. blush.gif

Sure was more fun at UND when we played the gophers than the badgers. Lots easier to get dead gophers under a guy's coat to toss on the ice. Took a LOT of imagination to get a dead badger into the arena. grin.gif