• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabin in or near Deadwood?

My wife and I would like to trade a stay at your cabin in or near Deadwood, SD for a stay at our cabin on Big Sauk Lake in Sauk Centre, Mn.

Big Sauk Lake is one of Minnesota's best fishing lakes!

[Note from Admin: Please read forum policy before posting again]

I dont have a cadin in or around deadwood, but i can vouch for good fishing on Big Sauk!! I have fished it a handful of times the last few years for largemouth and caught some brutes, good numbers also!

Hi sloughshark,

Do you have family near Sauk Centre? Big Sauk is one heck of a fishing lake...it seems like every year, the DNR is catching someone or groups of people with 100s of overlimits.

This winter provided some of the best crappie fishing I have ever seen.

No, I had a good friend of mine used to live In Alexandria, and wed fish over there and a number of other lakes in the area. We mostly just fished Largemouth, those fish are really addicting!! I ice fished for crappies up there 2 winters ago i think it was, and we also did very well on the crappies. We didnt make it back up there this year, but maybe this summer we can get up there for some more bucketmouth action!