• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I heard the GFP might be putting a landing in on the West 81 ponds! I wonder if it's true? To be honest, I used to like the fact that it was difficult to get a boat in to keep the crowds away...but now it's near impossible to do without wrecking something.

Can anyone confirm? I may email the GFP and find out.

Well, I recieved and answer from the GFP. He said they are actively looking for a land that would be suitable for a landing. However, he stated that with the decreasing water levels, it may be tough.

All we can do is keep our hopes up.

I honestly dont know if I like the idea. I kind of like the fact that we have a lake that has some awsome quality without the pressure. Besides, there is decent shore access and plenty of room for a duck boat. I will be the first one the imagine the possibilities though....

I felt the same way a few years ago, but now it's pretty tough to get anything but a duck boat in. That place has been hard on my equipment. Last year I watched my buddy put his 2025 ProV in...that was interesting grin.gif

I say put a landing in and make it a trophy lake (similar to Reetz). Think about it.. The lake has good numbers of fish over 20 inches. Also, every fish is loaded with mercury anyways, so why would anyone want to eat them?

Yep, he actually put that boat in several times last year. His boat trailer sits very low. In fact, he had an easier time putting his 20ft boat in then I did with my 18 ft boat.

Either way, it was still an ugly site to see.