• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PEPPERED BLUEGILLS

FRESHWATER PETIE

Thanks for the information, trouble is I got three little kids that love eating fish. But they don't eat them if they see any black spots or anything else unusual. I used to fillet fish and scale them and leave the skin on, I liked them that way. But when my kids turned over the fillet they won't touch them. So I'll plan on catching those big bull bluegill on Spectacle, and gladly release em'.

Something I was reading, maybe the Minnesota Volunteer, had an article on the fish parasites and it said that pickling doesn't kill some of the buggers, like tapeworm larvae and they could infest a new host upon ingestion, so I won't be pickling any Pike anymore! Didn't like em that much anyways!