• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dave Genz Bluegill book or DVD?

bmc

I'm thinking of getting one of these or maybe both. Any thoughts on these items? What's the difference between the book and DVD, other than reading one and watching the other? LOL cool.gif

Brian

The DVD is junk, just a big ad for the gear. I expected a LOT more from Mr. Genz. The book is ok, can't say it really taught me anything incredibly enlightening, but there are a few neat theories and tips in there. I checked it out via the library system, so I didn't have to buy it. Want a good icefishing book, check out "Fishing on Ice" by Noel Vick - very good book.

I have both. The book is more informative. The DVD is okay but they plug their stuff a little too much. It sometimes feels like an infomercial. They also plug their stuff some in the book too. If I had to choose I'd get the book.

If you're ever looking for a good book on crappies, hunt for "Crappies - InFisherman". The copy I have is like circa 1980-something, but is still as acurate as ever. I've read the entire thing nothing short of 20 times and it ties for first place for the most useful fishing information I've ever received (the other being crappie tom's theory on water temps, which is huge too!)