• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone had a chance to view the pictures of a few lucky fisherman who had the chance to catch some lunkers last week? Kind of gets my juices flowing. Has anyone heard any reports on dry lake by Willow Lake? Heard one report from a GFP person said people were getting limits of perch.

[Note from Admin - No links or references to other sites please]

Dry lake is on and off, depends on the day and whether you stumble into them. Some friends have been there regularly and do well one day and do terrible the next. Drill enough holes and you have a decent shot at either walleyes or perch. Watch the ice though, it took a beating in january when the weather was real warm and got a good bit of rain on it about 3 weeks ago. Last time I was there I found ice ranging from 11 inches to 19 inches, I'm sure it's thinner around the road beds, I don't go near them.

Dusty

Dusty, Thanks! Do you know of any maps of the lake? I am unfamiliar with it or just tell me from the boat ramp what side to fish on. I don't know debths or anything. Never fished it just looked from the boat ramp at a few people scattered here and there around the lake nothing really to go on. Thanks for the help.

I don't know of any maps. It's pretty much all the same depth on the south end, haven't fished the north end too much. Fish tend to relate to the sunken roadbeds which aren't too tough to find, but do roam a lot. Lake has good amounts of freshwater shrimp.

I've never had consistent success there, most of what I know about it is from friends who fish there. The times that I caught fish we were fishing close to but not on the road beds.

Dusty