• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'll let you know, doing it on Thursday night, getting there Friday morning. Curious about it myself. I'm used to bad sleep, but how bad? Seems like the right route, no driving, period, weather or no weather, traveling when time doesn't count anyways. Fair price, heck, it's the same $ we figured for the 7 of us just in gas. Biggest thought for us is that we have to buy everything except our gear and clothes.

We have a lot of customers use the Amtrack and most of them enjoy the ride. Some people who sleep light have trouble but for the most part people enjoy the ride. With the prices of gas you cant hardly beat the price of a ticket on Amtrack.

Bring earplugs if you are traveling coach. Not for the snoring, but more for the train/track noise and the stops along the way. I rode it from st cloud to east glacier last summer, and wished i had brought earplugs and something to cover my eyes with (the closer to the middle of the car you are the less noise/light when the carman opens/closes the door as he comes thru before every stop to look for folks who are getting off at that stop)

Was lucky enough to get a sleeper upgrade on the way home for free.

For most accounts, AmTrak is a good deal. Very spacious seats, recline, etc. Quiet, Just not on time. Close to two hours behind getting there, close to three hours late getting back. That really is my only complaint. Have a good trip,