• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Livebait Questions?

Next on the list of questions from a MN transplant walleye angler are what type of minow options are available out here in CO? I live in Boulder, and was wondering if available where I'd be able to scrape up some good minnows, preferably chubs, shiners or small suckers, or whatever else there is accessable.

I plan on trying to spend some quality time out on the Boulder Res. very soon and would really enjoy some lively, hearty minnows to help entice what I expect to be pretty lathargic mid-winter eyes. I've got the boat all ready to go, finally found a res. map, now just thought I'd see what type of bait options are out there. Does the bass pro-shops in Denver sell bait? If anybody has any help on this subject I'd greatly appreciate it.

If none, that'll be fine to, good plastics can be just as productive. Thanks to all, I'll post once I actually hit the water.

I would recmend Berthod, if you are in that area. Has everything I could ask for. Was wondering if Loveland Lake is frozen over again. Last time I went by there at Christmas, the Fire dept. was practicing ice rescue. Next day it was completely open. Here in NE Montana the water was running in the ditch by my place today, so no ice is good ice for me right now. See in the URL lake Minnesota report that a guy Buddy Hillman put his plow truck in the lkae a few days ago. He does a lot of plowing, but sooner than later it catches up with some people. By careful on the ice. CAJ