• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big weekend!

Hockey Guy

Quote:

I think the Gophers proved that they are a much better team this weekend even though each team came away with two points. That’s what I love and hate about hockey… sometimes there is no justice in the world and the best team doesn’t always win. Saturday night ND definitely had the best goalie. Friday night I don’t think the Gophers needed a goalie at all. Frazee is going to be a great goalie in the future for the Gophers, but right now I think Briggs should be playing both games against tough teams (and yes, I consider ND a tough team).

Can one of you ND diehards explain to me why Rastislav Spirko only has 8 goals this year.

Spirko was out for most of November and December with an injury.

The only thing the gophers did this weekend is let one slip away. If ever there was a time for them to sweep four games from the flickertails, it was now. The Friday night gophers are scarey. There is no team in the nation with more talent up front. But, thanks to the Saturday night gophers, they will only go as far as their soft defense and goaltending will take them. First round of the playoffs and done. shocked.gif

Frazee and Briggs are about as consistant as our Bemidji gas prices. Gopher fans who know anything about hockey are not thrilled to be entering the playoffs with two sub-par goalies. (As a sioux fan it is nice to see some weakness on this dynamic gopher team.)

On the other hand, there is some justice. wink.gif

Quote:

Frazee and Briggs are about as consistant as our Bemidji gas prices

They combined to give up two goals per game averaged out! Thats NOT bad! 1 goal Friday and three on Saturday... remember there was an empty netter.... I would go out and say something more accurate after watching the two games... something like ... lamaroux played his arse off and thank god he did otherwise the Sioux would have lost by ten goals on Friday and five on Saturday! That would be more accurate then saying the Gophers goalies are weak, especially since Lamaroux gave up 8 goals!

Tell me that makes some sense to you.... All I know is that the Gophers will be tested again in the upcoming weeks and we'll see what the kids are made of. I would hope for 3 pt's against CC and a split with Wisconsin. wink.gif

Heres my bad mama jamma eagle and Mallard pics from this weekend.

BaldEagle up very close2.JPG

Mallards in flight snowy background2.JPG

Quote:

something like ... lamaroux played his arse off and thank god he did otherwise the Sioux would have lost by ten goals on Friday and five on Saturday! That would be more accurate then saying the Gophers goalies are weak, especially since Lamaroux gave up 8 goals!

Tell me that makes some sense to you...

When you're right, you're right. I can't disagree with any of that. I think there might be more to it than just giving up 8 goals for Lamaroux though. Defense comes into play, shots on goal, and quality shots. I don't think the gopher goalies stop too many quality shots. At least not when I am watching. You make some good points Mr. Mike.

And, you must have one nice camera and lens set up. Great photos. Thanks for sharing the pictures. If we need some hockey connection the ducks are anahiem all the way and Eddie the Eagle was always my favorite goaltender. grin.gif

They are coming around. One thing they need to step up is their physical play. Their "D" needs to punish forwards in the crease and in open ice.They don't, except Atherton, occasionally...They start punishing forwards, and guys think twice about crashing the net and trying a rush straight up the gut. Then we could really make a move, IMO.