• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LBDN Report

Fished 1-6 thru 1-8. We had 5 guys and caugt 5 walleye between 4.5 and 6lb, a couple of eaters and half dozen pike. All walleye came on large suckers on tipups between 8 and 37 fow. Never really figured out a patern. Ice was in good shape, and we never found any slush.

Fishing has been slow so far this year. Ice conditions are good anywhere from the Terrace Bay (Just south of Gladstone) to the head for ATV and Snomobiles. Ice really varies so use caution, 18" one place just a couple a few yards away. Truck went in on the ramp in Kipling yesterday. (North of Gladstone). Perch have been tapering off, what started as a good year has died. Walleye are being caught using tips up with large sucker minnows. There doesn't seem to be the quantity of keepers this year, alot of "dinks" and still a few guys getting the 10+lb'er.

A huge ice chunk broke off and headed south to Lake Michigan last week with a bunch of permanent shelters on board, heard it drifted back close enough to Escanaba for some guys to retrieve their stuff.

Glad you still at least have ice. Down here in SE MI we're waiting for 1st ice again on the bigger and most smaller lakes. The Ice Team Trap Attack near Brooklyn has been post poned for a week due to iffy ice.

Sure hope those get their stuff off the ice that broke away and hope that no one was hurt...I hate helicopter rides, unless they're the parking lot variety.

I wish I had hard water down here over some walleye water to try out my LA Nuggies. I know they'll smoke em, but haven't had the opportunity give em a go over any eye's. Let me know if any of the guys try them on eye's or steelies. They'll work in the spring and summer as well on a horizantal jig.

Tight Lines and praying for colder weather soon!

Not much has changed in the past 2 weeks on the bay. "FEW" over the slot size fish being taken. Lots of small walleye. Overall, not a very good season. Hoping for an improvement in February with the weather and fishing!!

Fished LBDN 2/10 - 2/12. We had 4 guys in our group. Ended up with 1-29",2-27",1-25"1-24" walleyes. All on large suckers at dark or between 10pm and 5:30am. Was a great weekend to be on the ice. No slush and small drifts, had no problems getting around with a 4 wheeler.