• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Elk Can any one help

Hi, Myself and my 16yr old son would like some help finding a spot to Elk hunt in 06. We hunted 2 yrs ago on a 2300acre plot just no. of Craig, "stayed in an old stone school house on the property" The area had Elk but our hunt was the week after muzzle loader and they had um spooked bad. I've taken an Elk myself, I'm more interested in my son getting one and this is the last year for him to take advantage of the youth lic. My wife went with on the last hunt and wants to go again. Doesn't hunt just doesn't like to be left home. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg. The last hunt was $1000 for the 3 of us, a place to stay and the 2300 acres to hunt on. No guide,no food or power,"brought our own gen" Accomadations have to be [fair] for the wife.Could bring 1 or 2 more hunters if it would make for a cheaper price. Any help would be app. Sincerely dad-n-eye Dean & Tracey

Sorry I can't help you with any private land. I'm an archery hunter, and just hunt public land in Colorado. The secret to hunting public land, is to get way off the beaten track. That means a lot more work, especially once you get one down. Good luck, and maybe someone can help you with the private land aspect.

Dan

Try Colorado DOW web site, look under "Youth hunting opertunities". My kids just went thru it this last fall.

It was a very successful and rewarding experience.

Always like to help a fellow Minnesotan, Mikinaak cool.gif