• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids in Archery

IndyEFI500

I am thinking about getting my 8 year old into archery. We live in Brooklyn Park, not far from the range by the river. I know there is supposed to be a good archery shop somewhere up in this area but don't know who or where exactly. I am also looking for any recomendations of what and how to start him. I am sure he would go nuts over this. All idaes and help appreciated.

The D.N.R. has a program for getting kids into archery. It is through the schools and they give grants to the schools to help purchase the equipment. Reason I bring this up is because I am one of the people who use the equipment and really think it is a good product. The bows we use are Genesis bows and are made by Mathews. The great thing about these bows is that they can be adjusted from 10# to 20# and because they have no let off they are good for any draw lengh. They are compound bows. I use these bows in my high school P.E. classes and I have one at home that my 9 year old daughter shoots. The bows work great for both age groups. I purchased my bows directly from Genesis for about $105 each if I remember right. Can't remember the exact web site now but if you do a search under Genesis bow something should come up. Let me know if you need more help finding them.