• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to South Dakota!

Just moved here a couple months ago coming off a one year stint in Korea. I was in Utah before Korea and got really heavy into fishing. After getting the house settled I am more than ready to head out with my 7 year old and start drilling through some ice. Anybody have any idea's on a good place to start?

I am at Ellsworth AFB so mainly looking at the west side of the state.

Thanks for any help and I am looking forward to swappin some stories with some of ya'll!!!!

Tight Lines!

Hey Teroy, Welcome to South Dakota. I live in the Eastern part of the state but have spent a little time in your area. In the Black Hills there are Pactola Lake, Sheridan Lake, and several others. there are Perch, Crappies, Northerns, Bass,Trout and Lake Trout to fish for that I know about. I would ask some questions at the local bait shops to find out where to go for which species. There is some great fishing to be had in SD. Good luck.

You cant forget WALLEYES! I dont fish for trout out there anymore..its all walleyes. Angestora and Orman. Angy for the big ones and Orman for the numbers. THere are also a lot of little ponds and dams out there that have huge perch and crappie and bass in them. THose are the best for ice fishing. Good luck out there and keep it posted on where you are fishing. My dad lives out there and i will be visiting him in Feb. I hope to do some ice fishin!