• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Cat rear suspension mounting point question

bigdog

I bought a used 4-stroke touring. The rear suspension is presently mounted to a plate that extends below the tunnel. The manual states that it should be mounted through the tunnel. A number of the used sleds I saw had the through tunnel mounting hole torn - like the bolt had ripped out. So the question is, should I change back to the recommended mounting location or leave as is? This sled will be used for ice fishing, solo, in case that influences the recommendation.

Second question. The rear suspension mounts to the tunnel with a couple blocks of aluminum that have brass bushings. One of these was cracked so I am replacing. Should I lube the bushings with some white lithium grease?

Appreciate any advice. I am new to owning a sled but unfortunately not new to fixing my toys.

The suspension mount on the plate is ok. I've done this on my sleds for years because it will slightly transfer more weight to the front skis, and increase tunnel travel.

I can't say I've seen brass bushings, but a little grease is not going to hurt anything. I don't know if it's necessary since the grease will go where it needs to go when you grease the zerks in the suspension. There are usually several zerks in the suspension.

That is a sweet ice fishing sled BTW. grin.gif Have one in the family.