• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Volga Lake, Fayette Co.

Been good bite going on gills nice eating size 8 in.have to sort.Perch spotty wide range of size.Bass huge bite 5 to 7 inch bait nabbers.Ice 6+ inch for most part,so still be careful.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

On the ice today around 5 inch with lots of water on it.Been a good bite way to the northend long walk.Some soft spots close to shore.Still a huge amount of small bass bait stealers.Early morning bite on crappie,I keep missing it seen some nice ones.Be very careful on this ice.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD blush.gif

i drove over to the lake this afternoon.about six guys/groups fishing. didn't talk to anyone. they were all on foot, and scattered all over. ice looks good for foot traffic.

went over last night for some bass fishing from shore. they are building a new walkway all along the east side for access.( they were laying forms to pave it also!) i had a good time! caught four. three around 2- 2 1/2 lbs and one little guy that was only an inch longer than my tube! grin.gif. tried a buzzbait, with one hit.lost one other. not bad for 1 1/2 hours!

fished the lake for a while again last night. had about the same results . four bass raging from 1- 2 lbs, on senkos and tubes. ( still haven't caught a fish on a buzz bait! frown.gif)

fished the lake this monring; struggled trying to catch anything respectable !lots of small fish, but few gils. we trolled for panfish,( which is usually a standard in the summer!) just small fish too!i tried a senko around some trees, and a small drop off. zelch! it was a supper morning to be on the water. to add to the morning! i took my neighbor. ( a senior!!) i warned him about reeling over any loose loops, and getting a mess.( he did it twice!!) hmmm! then he managed to get enough loose line to get it wrapped between/under the gear body and the bail coller.( five times??) i love to take people, but the fixing things gets old some times! ok! i'll stop whining! grin.gif maybe!

went to the lake this morning. lots of fish working the surface, but talked to two different boats using surface lures with little luck. i tired for panfsih for a while, not much doing there either. work shallow brush and pts. for bass; nothing. finally got on a deeper water pattern.( 9-12 ft.) i was using a tube and doing ok. it was warm enough for me!! so i went home! grin.gif

went over friday night ! the fishing was ok. from what i saw and talking to people; the bass were going strong.( everything from spinnerbaits to plastics) and the cats were working too. panfish were slow. little ones on beetlespin , one nice one on a small rapala. small ones on hair jigs with a wax worms. my count? five small bass.small gils and crappies,one nice gil, and two war mouths.( not to bad for 2 hrs.) grin.gif

went over to the lake sat. night.( fished from shore) not much on panfish other than small ones. did have fun catching bass on a ultra lite hula popper, and a stupid rig with a finese worm. the lake has turned green.

went over thurs. night.( i was bored!) only fished about an hour. caught two bass,lost two, missed 5-6. serveral misses were on a hultra lite hula [PoorWordUsage]er. started using the stupid rig. was doing good. got broke off. went to retie. got nailed by a wasp!!! went home!

i took a freind over sunday for a little bass fishing. she had never really gone after them, sooooo!! i set her up with a stupid rig. her first cast she caught a 13 incher!she caught one other and missed a couple others. nothing big, but it was fun!

i went over for a little while tonight. had several misses on a tiny torpedo,( caught one) had one hit on a stupid rig,( but missed) and some small panfish.( i only fished an hour) talked to two guys that did well on bass, and one cat about 10-12 lbs.