• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Regulation's - Is it Just me or ?????? Comments Please - -

Just read in the Rcky Mt News Ed Dentrys column 12-13-o5

I Quote from the paper - More restrictive definition of bait and lures that will apply soonest to ice fishermen on Jan 1st at reservoirs were bait is not allowed.

Robin Knox, the wildlife division's sport-fishing coordinator, said fishermen who frequent places such as the three Delaney Butte lakes, where fishing is limited to flies and lures, should be mindful of the new bait definition, because it will exclude scented tube jigs and other soft plastics infused with smelly enticements to fish.

"Any lure with additives is considered bait, including lures that are salt-impregnated." Knox said. "Those lures won't be allowed at waters limited to artificials, but they are OK eleswhere."

He recommends, among other pure lures, a series of tiny plastic jigs that Eagle Claw, of Denver, has created without additives. ( Ya gotta wonder how much $$$$ Eagle Claw of Denver had to put into the coffer,s of the Colorado Division of Wildlife to get this statement in the paper)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dosen't this mean that you cannot use any scented jig's, lures, etc. anywhere in the high mountain lakes above (what is it anything above 9000 ft) at all anymore. Like Grand Lake, Shadow Mountain, or Grandby, including Wolford etc.??????

Just had a few at Happy Hour but am I the only one that don't quite understand this. What - I gotta have different tackle boxes - - 1 with un-scented bait in the high country. - - - and 1 with scented bait in the flatlands???? Hey Just Asking, like I said I just had a few at happy hour and maybe it's just me - - -

Comments Please - - - - Sharkbait

Sharkbait-

This new rule is going to be a pain to deal with since most soft plastics these days have either salt or scent or both.

But the only places where you can't use the salted and scented lures are those waters with restrictions to fishing with artificial flies and lures only, such as the Delaneys and Quincy and some others.

Any lake open to fishing with bait is open to the salted/scented plastics, including lakes above 9000 feet.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the idea nthat these lures couldn't be used above 9000 feet??? (Live minnows can't be used in waters above 7000 feet or in any waters west of the Continental Divide - is that the regulation you were thinking of?)

Don

It seems like the CO DOW will do anything they can to keep things complicated hoping to catch us "messing up." Why they can't have one set of regs for the whole state is beyond me... if I fish at Granby in the morning (limit 2 lakers) and Williams Fork (limit 4 lakers) in the afternoon how many monkeys does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Go figure!