• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Missing Reverse

Iceseeker

I have a 2000 Sportsman 500 that sat in the garage over the summer and when I went to use it the other day I could not back it out of the garage. I can push it back and it goes forward fine. When I shift it into reverse it seems as though the clutch will not let it go, if I give it more gas it will bog down. If I shift it to drive it is ok.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

NEIKO,

Thank you for the response, I spent some time today and drained the gear case oil and then put fresh in to the required level. After I did this I was able to back it off the the trailer and everything is back to normal.

This is why the site is so great, ask a question and someone has seen or done it. Thanks for the help....