• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

track question

afroman

OK sleds running and moves good but them i honk in the gas i makes a rubbery grinding noise. I thinks it the track ratchiting. my lugs inside the track are 1/2 torn off since i collapsed my suspension last year. it doesn't mack this noise when its on the stand are when i'm driving nice. My wife of course said "well then just drive slow we can't aford a new track". my reply of course was well it's going to blow off and leave me stranded some where and i will die.

But she is right i check out new track prices and can't find one for less than $500 CAN. is there some thing i should watch for in a used track?

Also are all 121x15 tracks with the same configuration. I noticed on my track it looks like it used to have lugs down the centre of the inside. they have been torn off(manualy or by the machine i don't know) but my rear shock is only 1/4" to 1/2" from hitting the track so lugs down the centre won't work. I was going to buy a track from a guy untill i found out it had these lugs (from a skidoo). Help I'm looking now.

Tracks USA of Minnesota is a good place to find tracks. Most tracks are configured about the same. I've used a Polaris track on my Ski-Doo before without a problem. You might run into issues with the coolers though. I've also had to notch some tracks to fit better. Depends on the sled I guess.