• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sagging suspension

afroman

my rear suspension seems to be lacking spring. I replaced the shock at the end of last season after I crunched the rearend and broke some parts. now pushing on the rear compresses about half of the play and it doesn't return up without some help. it doesn't seem to be binding on anything I was woundering if the springs should be replaced? I have them set on the highest setting on the cam but that doesn't help. I have 5000 mi on the sled and was woundering if the springs wear out or what my next step was going to be to try to put a full turn of preload on them but I'm not sure of it will work I'll have to drop the track and I'm not sure about getting it back on once the springs are loaded like that.

96 EXT 580

Ever see the rusty old camaros from the '70's that are still driving around? Proof that springs do lose some of their original tension. Put in a new set of springs and I'll bet she pops right back up. Make sure all the joints on the rear suspension are greased up also.

ok first of all when you are testing out your rear suspension take it off the 8" high ski dollys you made for the front end I guess this shifts a lot of extra weight to the rear. Second after greasing it take it for a ride to get the grease worked it and lubing properly. Suspension looks much better after doing this crazy.gif