• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One pin or multipin sight??

esox49

I need to put a new sight on since mine broke and was wondering what everyone is using. I had a three pin Sonoran sight, but all the deer I have killed with it I have used only the top pin since they all have been 25 yards or less. I am real interested in going to a one pin that is brighter. What is everyone else using for sights? Thanks for the help!

I agree with the 1 pin sight...maybe even a pendulum sight for compensation in a tree stand. I sighted in 2 pins and have opnly used the top one. Its my opinion that unless you hunt out west and expect shots over 30yds then you're fine with 1 pin. Its just like sighting a scope on a gun in my opinion.

A lot of people are going to the one pin deal. You sight in and know how high you are at shorter distances and then know how low you are at a little longer distances... I myself have not gone this rout yet... I shoot 2 pins.. 1 at 15 yards the other at 30...

I've been a one pin shooter for many years and think it is slick. The single pin will make you a far more accurate shooter and will also force you to know distances. Way too many people mis-judge the distance to a deer/bear/elk and then start to play between pins right before the shot is taken. When done right, the pin will dictate what your maximum accrurate range is. Once thats established you can simply carry a piece of twine or cord of that length in your ditty bag and use it to measure out your lanes. Flag the max distance and you are going to be very consistant.

I use a 3 pin wrapped sight. I can see the advantage of going to one brighter pin, but I'll stick with the three at 10, 20, & 30 yards. It allows me to take a more confident shot when the adrenaline is pumping. If it's brightness you need, you can hit your local pro shop for a small light to shine on your pins.

I use a single pin, my bow shoots pretty accurately with the same pin from 20-30 yards, after 30 yards, I have to raise the pin to the top of the target. Two years ago I was going to go to a multiple pin sight but went against it because from 10 to 30 yards, this pin was within inches for grouping and always in vitals on my target, and ouside of 30, it was only a couple of inches low. I don't usually take shots outside of 30 so a single pin doesn't have me second guessing which pin to use when I take the shot, it just lets me focus on aiming and shooting.

I also shoot with 1 pin. These newer faster bows allow that. Anything out to 25 yards I aim about 5 inches low and 30 is right on. One pin takes away all confusion on which pin to use. Just study the distances before you shoot and you are ok. I like it, but to each his own.

Single pin, pendulum sight from Vital Bow Gear's what I use. I've used some type of single pin for probably 10 years or more, but I got this last year when I got my new bow & if I can't see it through my peep it's well beyond legal shooting usually. I don't adjust at all 0-30, the difference isn't enough to matter, at 35 I held for the top of the back & took a doe high through the lungs. I'd never go back to a multipin, unless possibly if I started going out West a lot & had trouble with the really long shots.

Three pins set at 20, 30, and 40. I have no intention of using the 40 pin, but I like to practice with it, I shoot three arrows at 20, three at 30, three at 40, three at 30, three at 20, it seems like you really have to concentrate at 40 and that same concentration at 20 allows you to drill them. If I ever went out west I'd add a 50 yard pin and a rangefinder to my gear.