• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winners: Family Vacation/Outing Picture Contest

Here are the Family Vacation/Outing Photo Contest Winners.

There were 80 votes cast with the following results.

1st Place and winner of a $100 Art Barbarians Gift Certificate – ccarlson’s kids and pike photo

2nd Place and winner of a $40 Art Barbarians Gift Certificate – ccarlson’s kids and walleye photo

3rd Place and winner of a $40 Art Barbarians Gift Certificate – dtro’s Grand Canyon photo

4th Place and winner of a $40 Art Barbarians Gift Certificate – Buzzsaw’s friend with the Mt. Ranier photo

Thanks to all of you who entered and all of you who voted.

Winner’s please contact Art Barbarians at [email protected] or 763-494-8888

1st Place

This is myself (ccarlson) and my 10 year old daughter Elise with a 40", 17 pound northern she caught casting a 1/4 ounce mimic minnow up into the shoreline for smallies during our trip to Canada in June of 2005. It gave her quite a fight but she does very well fighting big fish. The best part was watching her try to hold it for the pictures. Both this fish and the walleye on the previous post were released. We'll title this one "One Proud Dad"

ccarlsonlg1012144127.jpg

ccarlson pike

2nd Place

This is my 10 year old daughter Elise and her 13 year old cousin Jay on our trip to Canada this summer (2005). Elise's goal was to top her biggest walleye of 27.5 inches and she did with this 29.5" walleye. Caught on a slip bobber and a leech in 6 feet of water. I'll title it "Best Buddies with the best catch"

ccarlson1lg1012153126.jpg

ccarlson walleye

3rd Place

Mr and Mrs dtro

North Rim Grand Canyon

dtrolg105163030.jpg

dtro

4th Place

Here is a picture of my friends family. It was taken with Mt. Ranier in the background.

buzzsaw%20friendlg1012152246.jpg

Buzzsaw Friend

Outstanding! Great pictures everyone!

Those gift certificates are quite the prizes! Some awesome paintings and prints at Art Barbarians. I recommend stopping in at their shop in Rogers right off 94 by the new Cabelas. Great people and they'll make sure you find something you like. You can also get it framed, and let me say, some incredible frames to choose from smile.gif

I had a painting from Les Kouba framed there and it turned out excellent! They really do great work... not to mention they enjoy chatting about fishing too grin.gif

I've been a Fishing Minnesota fan for a number of years but thanks to this contest, my daughter has gotten hooked too. She was checking the polling results every day. She is very excited to have won.

Thanks to the people at Art Barbarians. We'll be sure to make a trip down there soon after deer season to visit the store and what a bonus being right across from the new Cabela's as well.

Thanks again,

ccarlson