• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP 2003 Sportsman 700...

Scotteye

I just purchased an 03' Sportsman 700, took it riding for the 1st time this weekend, and now it runs terrible. I was in a little water and mud, but nothing that bad. Reverse sputters the worst, but low & high gear are also bad. When I go to take off, it doesn't have much power at all. I am not very handy, but I would appreciate everyone's opinion.

Thanks Again!

I also have a wrench icon & an hour glass icon on the meter?

You did have the choke off, right? When did it start running bad? How long has was it sitting after being used?

Also, in reverse, you are aware of the reverse override button, right?

The hour glass icon indicates that the readout is displaying the hours of use the machine has. The wrench icon is a service icon. If the programable service warning was set to, say, 30 hours, once 30 hours of run time has occured the wrench icon will be displayed as a reminder to service your machine. Maybe the previous owner activatyed that service feature. Your owners manual tells you how to set and deactivate it.