• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WAM, and advice

I'd like to know more about WAM.

I'd also like any ideas on how to back up a boat trailer.

i go with my hubby and he does all the work, i think if i could learn and surprise him he would be more likely to take me with him. (more so then his buddies.)

I love to fish, and would like to learn more. thanks for any advice in advance.

as far as learning to back up the boat ; first thing i would do is just take the truck out some where and practice backing up and just use the mirrors. when you trust them; then take the rig to a parking lot where you have room and don't/won't bother other people and practice backing it up( again using your mirrors) biggest thing to remember is to go slow !! it is not hard, just takes patience and practice. when you feel comfortable then go to a lake that isn't busy, and again go slow and practice some. ( note! once in a while you will run into the problem of not being able to see the sides of the boat due to it being to narrow. you may get some help with your rear view mirror too. also on some ramps that are steep, you may want to adjust the mirrors on the ramp to compensate)

When learning to back up a trailer, put your hand(s) on the bottom of the steering wheel and then turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go. SLOW is the key. You are better off to practice in a vacant parking lot (preferably with stripes) and no one there to make you nervous. Have someone take the vehicle and trailer there and then leave for half an hour or so. Most find it is much easier to learn without the pressure of an observer. Good luck and I appreciate the effort to learn, wish my wife would.