• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

E-collar and invisible fence issue

2 DA GILLS

Last night I tried to do some early introduction to an e-collar in the yard. I just started with the come command and the lowest level stimulation. He knows come, so that is not an issue. He just sat there, turned it up a notch and commanded come - nothing. Went one more level and command - again just sat there. I figured he was just confused by the whole situation and turned off the collar and let him wear the collar for the rest of the evening. I let him see and smell the transmitter and get comfortable. He seemed better with the situation.

Today I just had the realization that to him a stimulation means that he has approached the invisible fence boundary. He did not want to come to me, because that meant coming forward towards the boundary. He reacted the same way to the invisible fence after his first experience with a stimulation. He went to the middle of the yard and sat. I could not get him to move from the spot for some time.

Is there a way to deal with this or will his exposure to the invisible fence be a problem with future e-collar training? Do I have to train with the e-collar in another place besides the yard with invisible fencing?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've had an Invisible Fence for years but haven't ever used a training collar in my yard, I've used it out of the yard without issues, I think you hit the nail on the head. You shouldn't have problems out of your yard though, although it stinks you can't train, at least with the collar in your yard.

It is just your standard city lot, not a lot of room. So, I am pretty certain he is thinking the stimulation has to do with the fence and he is confused. It did not try it again last night. I will take him from that area the next time I use it and see what happens.

City size lot,Then like Leech said, I think you hit the nail one the head. I have an invisible fence, have trained on the property and he doesn't get confused, but He has a little more area. It nice to be able to train at home, but it is always fun to get out and see other places anyway. Have fun and good luck!

"hooks"