• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskies in Spirit Lake Area!

Good Day...I'm looking for info on fishing muskies in the Spirit lake area. I specifically looking at the better times of the year. I spoke with the guys at FFO. I ask him if he was planning a vacation to that area, to include some muskie hunting, when would be the best time?? His answer was.......LATE......I said Sept and he replied October before the lake turns. So is this correct. Looking for some help!! Thank StM

I would agree that late september through early November would be your best time for both quantity and quality but it's been a really tough year.I've been fishing 4 days a week since the 3rd week of july and i've caught 5 fish with only 1 over 40" I'm hoping that this fall really takes off or i won't reach my goal of 20 fish out of these lakes this year.