• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Training collar question

ccarlson

I'm looking for a new training/beeper collar. The features I want include:

-standard e collar features like nick and constant

-Vibrating paging or warning capability

-beeper collar that I can leave off and use only as a locating feature from the transmitter when I lose my dog in the long grass.

-3/4 mile to one mile range rating.

My problem is that once you add the beeper feature on a collar, it becomes harder to find one with the vibrating paging feature. I have only found one brand and model that has all these features. It is the DT Super Pro Elite model 7800 which sells for $520 (WOW!!). So I'm wondering two things.

First, is DT a good brand collar?

Second, does anyone know of any other collars that have all of these features?

I've found plenty of beeper/trainers without the vibrating feature for the $340-$380 range.

ccarlson

I had one DT and had problems but they took care of it, it went on the fritz again and I got a tritronics and haven't had a problem. I can't speak to the beeper models, except to say a buddy of mine has one and we've banned him from using it when we hunt together, our group just doesn't like it, thats just merely a personal preference.

As leechlake said, I don't like listening to a beeper collar all day. I want the capability to turn on the beeper from the transmitter (as a locate feature only) which stand alone beepers don't do from what I have seen. It also means two transmitters, more items to recharge etc.

any other input on DT collars?

One thing I like about the high priced unit is that it uses FM frequency which seems to be the trend for high end units. FM signals are more reliable in heavy cover.

ccarlson

My first collar was a DT. It worked fine and when I had problems with it, I was very impressed by their service. They took good care of me and the collar worked real well right up until the day I forgot it on the bumper and proceeded to run it over with my truck frown.gif