• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing around Cedar Rapids

Hi Everyone,

I'm a computer geek who has just been offered a job in Cedar Rapids. I seriously love fishing and this job would require me to relocate from Minnesota.

Can someone give me an idea about the fishing possibilities around Cedar Rapids (lake or river - I do both). I would really appreciate your feedback as I consider fishing to be probably more important than my job. What that means is if there is zero fishing around Cedar Rapids, I ain't going to be taking the job!!!!!! tongue.gif

Thanks in advance.

The fishing is pretty decent. It's like any major city fishing, if you fish the community holes you'll catch some. If you get away from the crowds you can do better. There are Pleasant Creek Lake and Lake Macbride within 20 minutes both ways of C.R. And the Cedar RIver flows through town, good catfish, some other species to. The Iowa river is just SE of here and has good fish to. Depending on what your after good fish can be had.

Supserdave,

Thanks for the info. Well, it doesn't sound like a bust. I pretty much fish anything - throw almost everything back. I'm just looking for the "sport".

I went to Grinnell for college and I am familar with Iowa City, but not Cedar Rapids.

Thanks again for the information - I appreciate it. grin.gif