• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow tuning?

GottaGo

I've been shooting a bow for about 8 years and am starting to wonder if it is properly tuned. I've tried to paper tune it before and the arrows fly good with fletching, but horrible without it. I've tried to get the fletching-less arrows to fly straight but can't seem to do it, so I just figured that if it flies strait with feathers on, it is ok. Am I right in assuming this? I have heard some people say to tune your bow with fletching, and others without it, what's everybody's thoughts on this? If my bare arrows should be flying straight, what can I do to fix the problem, or is it best just to go to a bow shop and have them help me to tune my bow? Any feedback would be great.

I'd find a reputable shop and have them help you set up using the arrows you intend to hunt with.

Arrow flight can vary between feather fletching and the plastic. Braodhead weight can screw everything up if you aren't certain how to adjust things.

You should get a good tune up on bow every other year unless you shot leagues and put the bow thru the mill each season. By setting up a maintanence schedule you can also stay on top of what's working good and what's not.