• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery zones?

I haven't read the regs for this year, but assuming no changes Archery is essentially a statewide season with no zones. Only exception I recall is that the season closes a couple weeks earlier on the North Shore than in the rest of the state to protect deer that yard up. Read the regs to be sure.

Also, there are some archery-only hunts in State Parks and similar areas typically closed to hunting that may interest you, but you need to apply for them. Again, read the regs. And good luck this year.

The only think that really matters is in some areas you can get tags for additional does, but you can buy those later (as you need another one to continue hunting). They're good with any bow license as long as you're in one of the permit areas they're good for.

Being a new archery hunter, you just need to realize if you shoot a buck with your bow you can not tag a buck gun hunting.

yea,I am a little confused with the new regs and i heard the new license you can get the archery and firearms but what your saying is you can only tag one buck and one doe?..im only 15 so i would get the youth archery tag so is that the same with youth?

The new regs allow you to harvest a deer on both your regular Archery tag and one on your gun tag but only one can be a buck. Basically you can shoot one deer for each tag you have in your pocket as long as you only shoot one buck. This is different from years past in that you could only tag one deer on a regular Archery or regular Firearms tag. Esentially in years past if you wanted to shoot 2 deer you needed 3 tags -1 Regular Archery - 1 Regular Gun - and one additional antlerless tag (one of the regular tags became voided if you filled a regular archery or gun tag with any deer).

It got complicated as my explination did. Now you need only to purchase Reg Archery and Reg gun tag to shoot 2 deer.

Personally I am going to get the All-Season License. I won't have to worry about all hte different license combinations, get 2 tags (1 either or and one antlerless)and I can hunt muzzleloader too.

That's all I do is buy the All-Season License & then I buy Management Tags or whatever they're called currently and keep buying them as I fill them, until the season's over or I've filled all the ones I can.