• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

needles and seats

I have an old 95 Polaris XLT that the kid rides around and I've been having problems with the carb. This sled is an excellent starter. Almost always starts on 2nd or 3rd pull. After the kids riding it most of the winter they rode it up to the deck and shut it off to come in and get dry gloves and when they went back out they pulled teh cord and it fired once and then died. Didn't fire again and I pulled on the darned thing for over half an hour. The brother-in-law recognized it as bad needles and seats and we put all new ones in. It started and ran like a dream for about a week and then the same thing happened. Only this time about a mile and a half out in the woods and I had to tow it back. Does anyone have any idea what's causing the needles/seats to get dirty or go bad? I only use premium 91 octane fuel and put isopropyl in every other tank.

Similar thing happened to me. Different type of sled, but a Mikuni carb is a Mikuni carb.

This is gonna sound goofey, but honest injun, this actually happened to me.

Turns out the in-line filter had leak by and small chunks of "stuff" that had been captured by the filter were now leeching into the fuel line. In a nutshell, sandblasting the needles and seats. Took me a while to figure it out. After a couple of swap outs, and a new filter she's as good as gold again, and for sale.